November 19, 2010
Posted by on
With the Thunder’s next big test coming up tonight, a rematch of their home loss to the Celtics, the great and legendary Jeff Clark at CelticsBlog has challenged me to a Twitter throw-down – to Tweet the Thunder roster using 160 characters or less.
A reductioadabsuro-tonitrus, as it were.
Here, I give to you Mr. Clark’s attempt at harnessing, by the power of brevity, the Celtics roster:
- Ray Allen – best. shooter. ever.
- Avery Bradley – best case = future Rondo backup; worst case = JR Giddens
- Marquis Daniels – out of Tony Allen’s shadow – that sounds ominous
- Glen Davis – taking charges is the new blocked shot
- Semih Erden – Semih charmed kind of life
- Kevin Garnett – sell crazy someplace else, we’re all stocked up here
- Luke Harangody – NOT Brian Scalabrine, …unfortunately, I miss that guy
- Jermaine O`Neal – some re-assembly required
- Shaquille O`Neal – having a blast, still a beast, Kobe is waiting
- Kendrick Perkins – don’t open till Christmas, then look out
- Paul Pierce – still the Truth, you still can’t handle him
- Nate Robinson – Donkey to Big Baby’s Shrek – perfect
- Rajon Rondo – MVP candidate – there, I said it
- Von Wafer – renting, not buying
- Delonte West – the Prodigal Son returns
- Cole Aldrich – Promising instincts, needs big man tutor.
- Nick Collison – He’s back! Relief. Amazing to think a guy playing 20 min per could matter so much.
- Daequan Cook – Missing his chance. 11th man in a 10 man deep roster.
- Kevin Durant – Basketball is Good-Will-Hunting-easy for him; no idea how great he can become.
- Jeff Green – About to get contract-squeezed; can be 6th man of the year if willing.
- James Harden – Jack of all trades searching for a kingdom.
- Serge Ibaka – Who wants to sex Ibaka?
- Royal Ivy – Solid play = appreciating trade chip.
- Nedad Krstic – Antidote for post defenders who don’t want to move.
- Eric Maynor – Best 3-shooter; will play critical role as as backup PG as season progresses.
- Byron Mullens – Better O than D; would benefit with some more D-league.
- Morris Peterson – At $6.6mm per, needs to be more than chronic DNP.
- Thabo Sefolosha – Quiet solid defender; shooting confidence grown since team’s O has improved.
- Russell Westbrook – Team MVP.
- D.J. White – Solid backup; consistent minutes translated into consistent performance.